You’ve probably heard about the benefits of switching to LED lighting for your home or office, but are LED lights really that much better, or is it all a load of hype? If you’re considering whether or not to upgrade your old light fittings, you probably want to know that it’s going to be worth your while, and not a waste of time and money.
Here are FIVE benefits of using LED lights over more traditional forms of lighting.
- They last longer. Much longer. One of the great benefits of LED lights is their longevity. LEDs outlast their incandescent predecessors by a long shot, with an operational life expectancy of up to 100,000 hours. That’s 11 years if left on continuously. If you’re sick and tired of changing light bulbs, LED lights are for you.
- They are super energy efficient. Traditional incandescent light bulbs operate on a 20% efficiency which means that 80% of the electricity used to power them is lost in heat. LEDs effectively reverse this figure by operating on 80% efficiency, meaning that the majority of the electricity they are using (and you are paying for) is used for lighting with very little lost.
- They are environmentally friendly. 100% recyclable, LEDs contain no toxic materials, unlike other light bulbs that usually contain a multitude of nasty chemicals like mercury, which can pollute the environment. LED lights are estimated to reduce the carbon footprint of your home by as much as a third, so you can be confident you’re doing your bit for the environment while you light your home or office.
- They look great. One of the major benefits of LEDs is their flexibility and the ease with which they can be combined into different shapes and configurations to produce whatever lighting effect you want. LEDs are dimmable and they offer a high level of control when it comes to colour and distribution, meaning that whatever mood you want to invoke, LEDs can do it.
- They are highly durable. LEDs are known for their sturdiness and durability, which makes them the ideal choice for indoor and outdoor lighting. Resistant to impact, shock and vibrations, whether you have a busy family home, or a high traffic work area to light, they can withstand even the toughest conditions.
Once they learn the benefits of upgrading to LED lighting, many people find it an easy decision, especially if they’re looking to save money, cut their electricity costs and help the environment.
Do you want to know how you can upgrade your existing light fittings to LED lights?
Get in touch with Captain Electric (REC 18185) on 1300 445 996 or visit www.captainelectric.com.au to find out more.